The Master’s Degree in Corporate Communication aims to boost the students’ development of competencies and skills needed to act efficiently in the corporate communication field. In this sense, it includes the different processes and resources needed for a responsible and innovative management of communication in entities, companies and institutions, as well as the specific aspects of the communication companies.
It is an entirely online program so as to ease the access to this specialized information to people who could not have this information otherwise. Every task is developed within a virtual campus that has been designed with a pedagogical pursue.
The platform has an online library, different synchronous and asynchronous interaction spaces and methodological resources that favor learning and a professional autonomous development, as well as the constant interaction between students and professors.
The Master’s Degree has been approved in accordance with the Bologna criteria and counts on the official acknowledgment of all the State members of the European Union.
Graduates in Master’s Degree in Corporate Communication will be trained to act, critically and innovatory, in the communication’s professional field in the different organizational and practical contexts: With that aim, the following specific competencies will have to be developed:
- Applying the processes and practices of communication to business and corporate areas involving the design, management, planning and evaluation of strategies in communication projects.
- Applying the techniques and tools for the management of internal communication strategies to business and corporations by using traditional and digital media resources.
- Having abilities to manage those business media dedicated to the production and realization of content for different media by taking advantage of digital and multimedia tools.
- Defining the challenges of business media management in an environment which is characterized by technological advances.
- Ability to apply administrative management techniques to those businesses dedicated to production, realization and dissemination of content in diverse media.
- Describing and differentiating the Corporate Social Responsibility current foundations.
- Planning and evaluating processes and projects in corporate social responsibility.
- Applying methods and tools for the development of market research strategies inside the corporation, with emphasis on communication and advertising.
- Incorporating the technological tools used in digital media during the processes of data collection, analysis and audience measurement in diverse media.
- Applying the methods and techniques of digital marketing and its optimal use for brand positioning, goods and business services in the Internet.
- Implementing strategies in the administration and management of e-commerce and digital marketing inside the corporation.
- Defining and differentiating the advertising processes and the characteristics of advertising messages in diverse media.
- Implementing advertising creation and dissemination processes through analogue and digital communication media.
- Applying skills on public relations protocols in both internal and external business communication.
- Analyzing the projects and experiences of the protocol established in diverse sectors of the industry.
- Applying theoretical knowledge on the resources and tools for digital communication that are existing in the corporation for content development and dissemination of information and entertainment content.
- Analyzing and relating the arguments that explain the paradigm shifts in mass communication, which are provoked by the influence of technological advances in Telecommunications.
- Head of Communication in businesses, institutions and organizations in general.
- Specialist or consultant in corporate communication.
- Spokesperson in businesses and public bodies.
- Brand image consultant.
- Audiovisual producer.
- Mass media professional.
- Advertising agencies professional.
- Communication agencies professional.
Once the program is completed, the student will obtain the diploma MASTER’S DEGREE IN CORPORATE COMMUNICATION issued by the European University of the Atlantic.
The Master’s Degree in Corporate Communication is organized in 72 credits distributed into the subjects, the external internship and a masters’ degree final project. Moreover, it offers two itineraries:
Journalism: functions and media: it trans students to act in the journalism field from a critical perspective, founded on practical and modern knowledge and in innovative tools that allow to successfully intervene in a context strongly impacted by the ICT.
Audiovisual Production: it trains students to competitively and successfully act in the audiovisual sector. For that reason, it offers some knowledge and suggests activities that develop the abilities that are necessary to efficiently use the technological advances to the audiovisual and multimedia field.
Estimated time for completion is three academic semesters.
|SEMESTER 1||Integral communication||3||MAND|
|Communication project management||4||MAND|
|Communication bussines administration and management||4||MAND|
|CSR in communication||3||MAND|
|Market research and audience studies||4||MAND|
|Digital marketing and e-commerce||4||MAND|
|Communication and protocol||3||MAND|
|ICT and multimedia communication||4||MAND|
|Information society, comunication and ICTs||3||MAND|
|SPECIALIZATION: "JOURNALISM: FUNTIONS AND MEDIA"|
|SEMESTER 2||History and Genres of journalism||3||EL|
|Investigative journalism and ICTs||3||EL|
|Public opinion and political communication||3||EL|
|sources of information and drafting of news||3||EL|
|Journalistic interview(written press, radio)||3||EL|
|Report(written press, radio, tv, multimedia)||3||EL|
|2do Semestre||Desing and organization of the audiovisual production||3||EL|
|Audiovisual lenguage and narrative||3||EL|
|Audiovisual and multimedia script||3||EL|
|Sound collecting, recording and postproduction||3||EL|
|Direction of photography||3||EL|
Master´s Degree Final Project
*The Iberoamerican University Foundation (FUNIBER) offers financial aids for these master degrees
Addressing diversity: For those students with SEN, the following Action protocol for students with special and educational needs will be put into effect, assessing the possibility of adapting the curriculum, schedules and alternative modes of study to their needs.
Access to master's degrees studies
According to what is established in artículo 16 del Real Decreto 1393/2007, as amended by the Real Decreto 861/2010, access to these studies will be granted for students who meet either of the following conditions:
- Be in possession of an official Spanish university undergraduate or any another issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area, which qualifies in the issuing country for the access to Master's degree studies.
- Those students that hold an undergraduate not belonging to the educational systems of the European Higher Education Area can access without the need for the accreditation of their degrees, after the University has verified that they have an equivalent level of education to the corresponding Spanish official university undergraduate studies, and that allows to access to postgraduate studies. Access by this via does not denote, in any case, the approval of the prior diploma held by the applicant, or its recognition for purposes other than entering the master’s degrees studies.
- In the case of students with special educational needs arising from a disability, the need for possible curricular adaptations, itineraries or alternative studies.
The Master´s Degree in Corporate Communication is specially aimed at:
- Graduate in Journalism.
- Graduate in Audiovisual Communication.
- Degree in Advertising and Public Relations.
- University graduate of any qualification equivalent to the ones above, may they be future qualifications in the Spanish university system, may they be existing qualifications in the university systems in other countries.
- University degree in any specialization accrediting to have recived specific training in Communication.
- University degree in any specialization accrediting to have recived specific training in Communication for a long time
Furthermore, the European University of the Atlantic demands, as a requisite:
- Proving to have advanced knowledge, equivalent to a postgraduate level, in the same academic field as in the master's degree and quite particularly in these fields: communication foundations and history, mass media, oral expression, intellectual property, competencies and abilities of the communicator.
Once these requirements are met, the admission process is done in two phases: preregistration and enrollment.
Preregistration and Enrollment
Preregistration and place payment.
The admission process to the Master’s Degree begins with the submission, via postal service or courier company to the Postgraduate Admission Section the following documentation:
- Completed Admission Application Form
- Up-to-date resume
- ID photocopy (only Spanish applicants), NIE or passport (only foreign applicants)
- Academic record photocopy (finished studies or taking the last year of the studies)
- Two color passport-sized photos.
To ease the admission process to the master’s degree the European University of the Atlantic allows the submission of the documentation via e-mail: Likewise, to formalize the admission process it is necessary to submit the required documentation via postal service or a courier company to the Postgraduate Admission Section.
Once the documentation is received, the Admissions Committee for Master’s Degrees made up by the Academic Planning head, the Admissions Department Management, the Master’s Degrees Academic Manager and two professors teaching at the Master’s Degree will check that the diploma enables the admission to the studies and will analyze the applications received in order to determine the applicants’ adequacy. In this admission phase, the following criteria will be considered:
- Student’s academic record (80%)
- Other merits linked to the diploma’s field (scholarships and prizes relates to the diploma, postgraduate studies in similar studies, professional experience related to the diploma) (20%)
The Master’s Degree Academic Committee reserves the right to interview the applicants, in case it deems so necessary as to complement the information stated in the submitted documentation. Once the applicants’ assessment and analysis has concluded, the Admissions Committee approves or rejects the application form. The number of places is 90 per group for every academic year, as established in section 1 in this present document.
Once this phase is finished, the applicant is informed, via phone or e-mail, about the result of the admission process and the registration process, the documentation required, dully legalized if required by the nature of the documentation submitted, documents that have to be submitted to start the preregistration process/place reservation and then the enrollment.
Admitted students will be contacted by the Student Secretariat, who will indicate which documents must be submitted in order to formalize the enrollment to the degree program.
Enrollment via Internet: The self-enrollment service from the university’s web allows the admitted students to make all the academic, economic and administrative procedures, without having to go the university in person.
This Master’s Degree has more than one call per year. For more information about dates and deadlines, contact with the University’s Academic Secretariat.
Transfer and credits’ acknowledgment
With the objective of making more effective the students’ mobility, “recognition” means the acceptance on the part of the European University of the Atlantic of the credits which, having been obtained in any official program, in this or another university, are valid for obtaining an official diploma.
The acknowledgment of credits must be requested by the student at the time of the enrollment. In exceptional cases, and with an explicit authorization, a different deadline from the one stated may be established and the student will have to pay for the academic fees established.
The credits obtained by the student included in the following list will be eligible for acknowledgment:
- The credits obtained in university studies leading to other degrees, mentioned in artículo 34.1 of the Ley Orgánica 6/2001, December 21st, de Universidades, modified by the Ley Orgánica 4/2007, April 12th.
- The experience and professional accredited experience if such experience is related to the competences inherent to the master’s degree. In this sense, those profiles defined for the master’s degree will be the general criterion.
- The rest of credits may be acknowledged by the University taking into account the competences and knowledge associated with the subjects taken by the student and those foreseen in the study plan or that have a cross-cutting nature.
The maximum number of credits of the assumptions (a) and (b) shall not be greater than 15% of the total number of credits that constitute the study plan. The credits’ transfer also implies the inclusion, in the official academic documents, proof of each student’s studies, of the credits earned in previous official studies, in this or another University, which have not led to an official degree.
For more information about dates and deadlines, contact with the University’s Academic Secretariat.