The Degree in Sport and Exercise Science lays special emphasis on promoting the acquisition of habits for a healthy lifestyle, in addition to addressing the challenge of improving sporting performance. To meet the current demands of society, it has become essential to produce professionals who are capable of planning, organising, regulating, directing and assessing the various activities inherent to physical exercise and sport.
Thanks to the innovative, specific and practical nature of the scheduled subjects, this degree is designed to produce graduates who are able to perform competently across the entire range of career opportunities associated with this discipline, including such latest additions as recreational sport, new trends in wellness or alternative sports.
The Faculty of Health Sciences boasts modern facilities that will enable the student to fully develop the practical competences targeted in the degree’s learning outcomes. These facilities include technical laboratories (Biochemistry, Physiology and Biomechanics), in which the student will be given the opportunity to comprehensively practise the skills acquired during the degree programme.
All these activities are performed by the students under the close supervision of a coordinated team of well-qualified, highly-experienced teaching staff.
Teaching modality: Face-to-face
Competences of the degree
All the competences developed by the students of the Undergraduate Degree in Sport and Exercise Science once completed their studies can be consulted in the link below:
On successful completion of this degree programme, students will be fully qualified to work across a range of professional outlets:
- Fitness coach/trainer, both personal and team-oriented, from initiation level to high performance.
- State-recognised teaching appointments at Secondary School and University.
- Teaching appointments in private sporting entities.
- Technical director of programmes involving recreational sports and active tourism.
- Technical director of programmes involving regular physical activity for all.
- Sports instructors in various areas of society.
- Physical activity health advisors for groups who suffer specific disorders,working in conjunction with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Managerial appointments within the area of public administration and official bodies.
- Director of sports programmes and events.
- Manager of sporting entities and sports clubs, including wellness centres.
- Director of ecotourism programmes.
English, the key to your present and your future
In today´s world, one of the essential tools for international communication and the key that opens opportunities to finding a job, both in Spain and abroad, is knowing English. In our country, 80% of the job offers already require a high proficiency of this language, and in many cases, this requirement is more important than personal and professional qualifications.
If is for this reason that the European University of the Atlantic places special emphasis on undergraduate students attaining proficiency in the language. From the first year on, students are encouraged to register for extra-curricular classes in preparation for successfully completing study of their regular subjects taught in English throughout their degree.
This way, regardless of their initial proficiency level, the language program based on tutorial support, specialized materials, and small classes, allows students to later follow their dual language (English-Spanish) courses in sequence so that they finish their degree having acquired a bilingual skill set that is applicable in their profession.
Engage in your profession
UNEATLANTICO creates an authentic business environment
The Campus of the Universidad Europea del Atlántico is designed so that students can practise their profession from the first year onwards. The University offers modern and fully-equipped facilities that simulate the authentic business environments that students will experience upon completing their degree. There are laboratories for the study of Physiology, Food Technology, Languages, Food Science and Biomechanics, while dedicated facilities are provided for projects involving computing, business, nutritional assistance, psychological guidance and counselling, and translation and interpretation. In addition, the University also offers computer labs, a library, as well as radio and television production and post-production studios.
Faculty motivate students to become involved in campus life and guide them towards creating projects and developing ideas that enhance their professional development from the the very first year of their studies. The learning model is not limited to covering a syllabus, but intends to guarantee a solid theoretical-practical education in which students feel fully engaged in their professional area.
Furthermore, the University has signed numerous internship agreements with a wide range of business entities that complement formal university education and facilitate the development of the cross-curricular skills needed to break into the job market.
A true indication of the importance that the University places on innovation and knowledge transfer is the establishment of the Centre for Research and Industrial Technology of Cantabria (CITICAN). CITICAN is a scientific foundation through which RDI (Research, Development and Innovation) from the academic institution is channelled.
Once the student has completed the program, they will obtain a Degree in Sport and Exercise Science as issued by the European University of the Atlantic.
|History of Physical Activity and Sport||6|
|Physical Activity and Human Motility Basics||6|
|Human Body Physiology||6|
|Human Movement Biomechanics||6|
|Information and Communication Technologies - ICTs||6|
|Collective Sports I: Basketball||6|
|Individual Sports I: Athletics - Races||3|
|Individual Sports II: Swimming||3|
|Learning and Education Psychopedagogy||6|
|Sports Behavior Analysis||6|
|Collective Sports II: Handball||6|
|Nutritional Status and Body Composition Assessment||6|
|Matches and Sports Initiation||6|
|Collective Sports III: Volleyball||3|
|Individual Sports III: Athletics II - Jump and Throw||3|
|Nutrition and Sports||6|
|Body Expression and Communication||6|
|Sports Economy and Management||6|
|Individual Sports IV: Gymnastic Abilities||3|
|Physical Activity and its Teaching Approach||6|
|High-Level Planning and Physical Training||6|
|Collective Sports IV: Soccer||6|
|Injuries in Sports: Prevention and Readaptation||6|
|Development Psychology: Childhood and Adolescence (EL)||6|
|Food Behavior Anthropology and Psychology (EL)||6|
|Ergogenic Aids (EL)||6|
|Exercise Systematics (EL)||6|
|English IV (EL)||6|
|Research Methods and Techniques in Sports||6|
|Inclusive Physical Education||6|
|Water Rescue and First Aid||6|
|Activities in the Environment||6|
|Prescribing Physical Activity for a Good Health (EL)||6|
|Educational Systems, Institutional Contexts and School Management (EL)||6|
|Conflict Resolution and Mediation (EL)||6|
|New Technologies Applied to Physical Activity and Sports (EL)||6|
|Sports Facilities and Equipments||6|
|Sports Psychology (EL)||6|
|Physical Education in Elementary School (EL)||6|
|New Trends in Fitness and Wellness (EL)||6|
|Physical Condition Assessment (EL)||6|
|Public Health (EL)||6|
|Business Economy and Entrepreneurs (EL)||6|
Addressing diversity: For those students with SEN, the following Action protocol for students with special and educational needs will be put into effect, assessing the possibility of adapting the curriculum, schedules and alternative modes of study to their needs.
This Degree is meant for people with clear professional and personal goals, who provide maturity and contribute to the mutual enrichment among their peers. It aims to provide a context in which applicants can develop a profitable long-term relationship with their peers, teachers, former students and the institution.
On a more general note, the applicants who want to study in this university must have the following traits:
- Leadership: the university is interested in applicants qualified for teamwork, with self-confidence, initiative, able to work under pressure, great communication skills and a high sense of ethics.
- Academic journey and professional motivation: the applicants must have finished their studies according to the Spanish university system within a reasonable period of time and satisfactory academic results. Previous work experience will also be considered a positive, same as any other complementary training that applicants may possess as relevant for the position.
- Languages: considering the international and global aspect that the university wishes to have, being proficient in English is a valued requirement during the admissions process. Furthermore, students whose native language is not Spanish and want admission into the university, must certify that they have the required level to take the subjects in Spanish. Any other language will be considered a distinguishing feature during the admissions process.
Furthermore, students whose native language is not Spanish and want admission into the university, must certify that they have the required level to take the subjects in Spanish. Any other language will be considered a distinguishing feature during the admissions process.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Global citizens.
- Leadership capacity.
- A prestigious international institution.
- A flexible study plan.
- Innovative learning methodology.
- Personalized education: small groups, tutoring system.
- Practical approach aimed at the job market: seminars, conferences, internships.
- Exchange programs with universities in other parts of the world.
- Comprehensive training.
Apart from the general features of the students of this university, students of Business Administration and Management must have the following characteristics as related to the Degree:
The following are guiding criteria that strictly follow the criteria of non-discrimination based on race, nationality, ideology, gender or religion. The following will be valued:
- Interest for culture, both your own and others.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in reflecting about the value of political inter-cultural communication, discovering the background rules on how contemporary societies are organized and how international social agents interact and innovate in organizing and decision making.
- Ease with oral and written expression.
- International experience through travel and school trips.
- Understanding ethics as the main engine of human decisions.
The recommended academic profile reflects the admissions requirement as specified on this webpage. Furthermore, we are looking for an interdisciplinary profile that is inclusive and open to a variety of profiles, since we are aware of the assets this may offer.
This interdisciplinary, inclusive and open, profile refers to Secondary Education students who did not study a specific Bachelor’s field, since it is not a requirement for admission into the Degree. The diverse academic profile of students is considered instructive for the teaching-learning group.
SDPAS for physiotherapists
The European University of the Atlantic offers the possibility of the ECTS credits’ recognition/acknowledgment to students enrolled in the Degree in Sport and Exercise Sciences and who have previously completed university studies in Physiotherapy
For more information, contact with the Admissions Department via telephone 942244244 or e-mail email@example.com