Gastronomy, in its most modern, scientific and technological side, demand new professionals with a scientific basis. They must be able to lead the sector’s evolution and the design of new services and gastronomic products either in catering or in food industries.
The study plan of the Degree in Gastronomic Sciences at the European University of the Atlantic provides a high-quality, up-to-date training that covers the full spectrum of professional areas in which a graduate in gastronomic sciences may operate. Opportunities for further specialization in specific fields are given thanks to the wide range of elective subjects offered.
The Faculty of Health Sciences boasts modern, state-of-the-art facilities that will enable the student to fully develop the practical competences of this Degree. These facilities include four fully-equipped laboratories: one dedicated to Biochemistry and Physiology, another to Food Science and Food Technology, another specializing in Culinary Technology, and yet another to Gastronomic Sciences. There is also a Preparation room.
The field of gastronomy offers a wide range of career opportunities in all related sectors as mass catering, commercial, hotels, food industry:
- Head Chef
- Catering Manager
- Production Manager in food industry
- R&D Technician in catering or food industries
- Gastronomic Consultant
- Gastronomic Events Manager
- Educator in the field of the Gastronomic Sciences
Engage in your profession
UNEATLANTICO reproduce entornos laborales reales
El Campus de la Universidad Europea del Atlántico está diseñado para que los alumnos pongan en práctica su profesión desde el primer curso. La Facultad en Ciencias de la Salud cuenta con unas modernas instalaciones que permiten al alumno desarrollar ampliamente las competencias prácticas del Grado. Estas instalaciones incluyen los laboratorios de Bioquímica y Fisiología, de Bromatología y Tecnología de los Alimentos, de Tecnología Culinaria, la sala de Preparaciones y finalmente el laboratorio de Ciencias Gastronómicas.
El equipo docente motiva a los universitarios para que se involucren en la vida del Campus, les orienta para que pongan en marcha proyectos e ideas que les permita desarrollar su profesión desde el primer día. El modelo educativo no se limita a cumplir con la actividad curricular de los alumnos sino a garantizar su formación teórico-práctica y la implicación total del estudiante en su entorno profesional.
Además, la Universidad cuenta con numerosos convenios de prácticas con empresas de diferentes sectores que complementan el aprendizaje de los universitarios y favorecen el desarrollo de competencias transversales que les serán necesarias a la hora de optar a un puesto de trabajo. Los profesores-tutores se encargan de guiar y supervisar el trabajo de los estudiantes y así favorecer el máximo aprovechamiento de su contacto con el mundo empresarial. La Universidad Europea del Atlántico te ayuda a poner en práctica tus ilusiones.
Once the student has completed the program, they will obtain a Degree in Gastronomic Sciences as issued by the European University of the Atlantic.
Addressing diversity: For those students with SEN, the following Action protocol for students with special and educational needs will be put into effect, assessing the possibility of adapting the curriculum, schedules and alternative modes of study to their needs.
|Foundations of Chemistry||6|
|Human Physiology I||6|
|Food Microbiology and Parasitology||6|
|Pastry and Bakery||6|
|Tecnologías de la Información y la Comunicación aplicadas a la Gastronomía||6|
|Biological Chemistry and Biochemistry||6|
|Anthropology and Psychology of Food and Gastronomy||6|
|Food Chemistry and Biochemistry||6|
|English applied to Gastronomic Sciences I||6|
|Culinary techniques I||6|
|English applied to Gastronomic Sciences II||6|
|Culinary techniques II||6|
|International Gastronomy I||6|
|Sommelier and Winery Manager||6|
|Food Safety and Hygiene||6|
|Quality and Management in Food Companies||6|
|International Gastronomy II||6|
|Deontology and Food Legislation||6|
|Marketing and Gastronomy||6|
|Gestión de Servicios de Restauración Colectiva y Catering||6|
|Human Physiology II (EL)||6|
|Advanced English applied to Gastronomic Sciences (EL)||6|
|Processing of Meat and Fish (EL)||6|
|Human Resources (EL)||6|
|Food Innovation and Design||6|
|Sensory Analysis of Food||6|
|State-of-the-art Techniques in Gastronomy||6|
|Nutrition and Dietetics (EL)||6|
|Food Biotechnology (EL)||6|
|Foundations of Chemical Engineering (EL)||6|
|Conflict Resolution and Mediation (EL)||6|
|Entrepreneurship and Gastronomy||6|
This Degree is meant for people with clear professional and personal goals, who provide maturity and contribute to the mutual enrichment among their peers. It aims to provide a context in which applicants can develop a profitable long-term relationship with their peers, teachers, former students and the institution.
On a more general note, the applicants who want to study in this university must have the following traits:
- Leadership: the university is interested in applicants qualified for teamwork, with self-confidence, initiative, able to work under pressure, great communication skills and a high sense of ethics.
- Academic journey and professional motivation: the applicants must have finished their studies according to the Spanish university system within a reasonable period of time and satisfactory academic results. Previous work experience will also be considered a positive, same as any other complementary training that applicants may possess as relevant for the position.
- Languages: considering the international and global aspect that the university wishes to have, being proficient in English is a valued requirement during the admissions process. Furthermore, students whose native language is not Spanish and want admission into the university, must certify that they have the required level to take the subjects in Spanish. Any other language will be considered a distinguishing feature during the admissions process.
Furthermore, students whose native language is not Spanish and want admission into the university, must certify that they have the required level to take the subjects in Spanish. Any other language will be considered a distinguishing feature during the admissions process.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Global citizens.
- Leadership capacity.
- A prestigious international institution.
- A flexible study plan.
- Innovative learning methodology.
- Personalized education: small groups, tutoring system.
- Practical approach aimed at the job market: seminars, conferences, internships.
- Exchange programs with universities in other parts of the world.
- Comprehensive training.
Apart from the general features of the students of this university, students of Business Administration and Management must have the following characteristics as related to the Degree:
The following are guiding criteria that strictly follow the criteria of non-discrimination based on race, nationality, ideology, gender or religion. The following will be valued:
- Interest for culture, both your own and others.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in reflecting about the value of political inter-cultural communication, discovering the background rules on how contemporary societies are organized and how international social agents interact and innovate in organizing and decision making.
- Ease with oral and written expression.
- International experience through travel and school trips.
- Understanding ethics as the main engine of human decisions.
The recommended academic profile reflects the admissions requirement as specified on this webpage. Furthermore, we are looking for an interdisciplinary profile that is inclusive and open to a variety of profiles, since we are aware of the assets this may offer.
This interdisciplinary, inclusive and open, profile refers to Secondary Education students who did not study a specific Bachelor’s field, since it is not a requirement for admission into the Degree. The diverse academic profile of students is considered instructive for the teaching-learning group.