Psychology, both as a science and profession, has been prevalent in Europe since the second half of the 19th century. Firmly established from an academic and scientific standpoint, psychology is a field in continual expansion and is hugely versatile in terms of career opportunities and potential fields of application.
The Universidad Europea del Atlántico offers this Degree in Psychology in response to the growing need for professionals who meet this career profile. Far from categorically endorsing specific schools of thought or methodologies associated with the development of Psychology to date, this study programme seeks to provide comprehensive knowledge of the field while developing competences within an integrated approach, which will enable the student to acquire a critical, complex and up-to-date understanding of this area of expertise.
The Degree in Psychology is also consciously oriented towards the needs of the professional marketplace and therefore provides a course of studies that will enhance graduates’ employability within the profession’s numerous fields of application. Students following this degree will be offered the opportunity to specialise in one of the following areas:
- Psychology of Work and Organisations (MPSITRA - ORG)
- Educational Psychology (MPSIEDU)
- Sport Psychology (MPSIDEP)
- Communication Psychology (Marketing and Advertising) (MPSICOM - PUBMAR)
Furthermore, a legal requirement was introduced in 2014 which requires all practitioners in the field of Sanitary Psychology (public and private) to be in possession of the Sanitary General Psychologist qualification. This officially recognised qualification is awarded upon successful completion of a Bachelor’sDegree in Psychology plus a Master’s Degree in Sanitary General Psychology.
Teaching modality: Face-to-face
Competences of the degree
All the competences developed by the students of the Undergraduate Degree in Psychology once completed their studies can be consulted in the link below:
Students graduating in Psychology from UNEATLANTICO may choose to work in the following professions:
- Organisational psychologist (human resource manager, specialist in recruitment, training and/or development of HR, external consultant)
- Psychologist in the field of sport and physical activity
- Social psychologist
- Educational psychologist
- Sanitary Psychologist
- Psychological counsellor: engaging with individuals, groups and organisations with a view to enhancing professional or personal development, facilitating the attainment of goals and maximising performance
- Career guidance professional
- Communication psychologist (Marketing and Advertising)
- Researcher in multi-disciplinary teams
Graduates in Psychology may also make valuable contributions in other professional areas that require specialist assistance of a psychological nature.
English, the key to your present and your future
In today's world, one of the essential tools for international communication and the key that opens opportunities to finding a job, both in Spain and abroad, is knowing English.
In our country, 80% of the job offers already require a high proficiency of this language, and in many cases, this requirement is more important than personal and professional qualifications.
If is for this reason that the European University of the Atlantic places special emphasis on undergraduate students attaining proficiency in the language. From the first year on, students are encouraged to register for extra-curricular classes in preparation for successfully completing study of their regular subjects taught in English throughout their degree.
This way, regardless of their initial proficiency level, the language program based on tutorial support, specialized materials, and small classes, allows students to later follow their dual language (English-Spanish) courses in sequence so that they finish their degree having acquired a bilingual skill set that is applicable in their profession.
Engage in your profession
UNEATLANTICO creates an authentic business environment
The campus of the Universidad Europea del Atlántico is designed so that students can practise their profession from the first year onwards. The University offers modern and fully-equipped facilities that simulate the authentic business environments that students will experience upon completing their degree. There are laboratories for the study of Physiology, Food Technology, Languages, Food Science and Biomechanics, while dedicated facilities are provided for projects involving computing, business, nutritional assistance, psychological guidance and counselling, and translation and interpretation. In addition, the University also offers computer labs, a library, as well as radio and television production and post-production studios.
Faculty motivate students to become involved in campus life and guide them towards creating projects and developing ideas that enhance their professional development from the the very first year of their studies. The learning model is not limited to covering a syllabus, but intends to guarantee a solid theoretical-practical education in which students feel fully engaged in their professional area.
Furthermore, the University has signed numerous internship agreements with a wide range of business entities that complement formal university education and facilitate the development of the cross-curricular skills needed to break into the job market.
A true indication of the importance that the University places on innovation and knowledge transfer is the establishment of the Centre for Research and Industrial Technology of Cantabria (CITICAN). CITICAN is a scientific foundation through which RDI (Research, Development and Innovation) from the academic institution is channelled.
Once the student has completed the program, they will obtain a Degree in Psychology as issued by the European University of the Atlantic.
Addressing diversity: For those students with SEN, the following Action protocol for students with special and educational needs will be put into effect, assessing the possibility of adapting the curriculum, schedules and alternative modes of study to their needs.
- Specialization in Educational Psychology
- Specialization in Psychology of Work and Organizations
- Specialization in Psychology of Communication (Advertising and Marketing)
- Specialization in Sport Psychology
|Foundations in Psychobiology||6|
|History of Psychology||6|
|Psychology of Learning||6|
|Information and Communication Technology - ICTs||6|
|Developmental Psychology: Early Childhood and Adolescence||6|
|Psychology of Personality and Individual Differences||6|
|Research Methods for Psychology I||6|
|Developmental Psychology: Youth, Adulthood and Late Adulthood||6|
|Cognitive Processes : Perception, Attention andMemory||6|
|Research Methodology in Psychology II||6|
|Cognitive processes : thought and language||6|
|Elective (EL) I||6|
|Corporate Organisation - MPSITRA - ORG (EL)||6|
|Advertising Creation - MPSICOM - PUBMAR (EL)||6|
|Educational Sociology: Changes in Society, in
Education and Multiculturalism - MPSIEDU (EL)
|Fundamentals of Physical Activity
and Human Motricity - MPSIDEP (EL)
|Human Resources - MPSITRA - ORG (EL)||6|
|Campaign Design and Planning -
MPSICOM - PUBMAR (EL)
|Diversity and Inclusive Education - MPSIEDU (EL)||6|
|Sport Sociology - MPSIDEP (EL)||6|
|Conflict Resolution and Mediation||6|
|Evaluation of Programmes and Interventions in Different Scenarios||6|
|Strategic Management and Managerial Skills - MPSITRA - ORG (EL)||6|
|Market Research - MPSICOM - PUBMAR (EL)||6|
|Educational Systems, Institutional Context and School Management - MPSIEDU (EL)||6|
|Behavioural Analysis of Sport - MPSIDEP (EL)||6|
|Business Economics and Entrepreneurship||6|
|Corporate and Institutional Communication - MPSITRA - ORG (EL)||6|
|Strategic and Operational Marketing - MPSICOM - PUBMAR (EL)||6|
|Educational Guidance and Counselling - MPSIEDU EL)||6|
|Sport Psychology – MPSIDEP (EL)||6|
This Degree is meant for people with clear professional and personal goals, who provide maturity and contribute to the mutual enrichment among their peers. It aims to provide a context in which applicants can develop a profitable long-term relationship with their peers, teachers, former students and the institution.
On a more general note, the applicants who want to study in this university must have the following traits:
- Leadership: the university is interested in applicants qualified for teamwork, with self-confidence, initiative, able to work under pressure, great communication skills and a high sense of ethics.
- Academic journey and professional motivation: the applicants must have finished their studies according to the Spanish university system within a reasonable period of time and satisfactory academic results. Previous work experience will also be considered a positive, same as any other complementary training that applicants may possess as relevant for the position.
- Languages: considering the international and global aspect that the university wishes to have, being proficient in English is a valued requirement during the admissions process. Furthermore, students whose native language is not Spanish and want admission into the university, must certify that they have the required level to take the subjects in Spanish. Any other language will be considered a distinguishing feature during the admissions process.
Furthermore, students whose native language is not Spanish and want admission into the university, must certify that they have the required level to take the subjects in Spanish. Any other language will be considered a distinguishing feature during the admissions process.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Global citizens.
- Leadership capacity.
- A prestigious international institution.
- A flexible study plan.
- Innovative learning methodology.
- Personalized education: small groups, tutoring system.
- Practical approach aimed at the job market: seminars, conferences, internships.
- Exchange programs with universities in other parts of the world.
- Comprehensive training.
Apart from the general features of the students of this university, students of Business Administration and Management must have the following characteristics as related to the Degree:
The following are guiding criteria that strictly follow the criteria of non-discrimination based on race, nationality, ideology, gender or religion. The following will be valued:
- Interest for culture, both your own and others.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in reflecting about the value of political inter-cultural communication, discovering the background rules on how contemporary societies are organized and how international social agents interact and innovate in organizing and decision making.
- Ease with oral and written expression.
- International experience through travel and school trips.
- Understanding ethics as the main engine of human decisions.
The recommended academic profile reflects the admissions requirement as specified on this webpage. Furthermore, we are looking for an interdisciplinary profile that is inclusive and open to a variety of profiles, since we are aware of the assets this may offer.
This interdisciplinary, inclusive and open, profile refers to Secondary Education students who did not study a specific Bachelor’s field, since it is not a requirement for admission into the Degree. The diverse academic profile of students is considered instructive for the teaching-learning group.