Today’s global society is exposed to a steady stream of new services and products, many of which are driven by ever-improving technological innovation. It is now virtually impossible for business entities to be divorced from this reality and, consequently, any effective business management strategy must necessarily involve an operational and strategic approach to computing technology.
Computer Engineering occupies a key position in the value chain of a company. Furthermore, it plays an important role in a company’s strategic corporate vision and is also an essential element in the process of adapting to changing scenarios.
The Degree in Computer Engineering seeks not only to acquaint students with the most up-to-date technological support currently available, but also to enable them to apply and integrate this technology within a strategic corporate approach. UNEATLANTICO produces professionals who are capable of resolving problems from an analytical and strategic perspective, and who have a sound knowledge of the fundamental principles that drive these fast-moving technologies.
All the competences developed by the students of the Undergraduate Degree in Computer Engineering once completed their studies can be consulted in the link below:
Students graduating in Computer Engineering may choose to work in any of the following professions:
- Director of IT and development centres
- Designer, director and manager of software projects
- Software architect
- Knowledge engineer
- SEO specialist
- Community manager
- Usability advisor
- Web designer
- Mobile Application Developer
English, the key to your present and your future
In today's world, one of the essential tools for international communication and the key that opens opportunities to finding a job, both in Spain and abroad, is knowing English.
In our country, 80% of the job offers already require a high proficiency of this language, and in many cases, this requirement is more important than personal and professional qualifications.
If is for this reason that the European University of the Atlantic places special emphasis on undergraduate students attaining proficiency in the language. From the first year on, students are encouraged to register for extra-curricular classes in preparation for successfully completing study of their regular subjects taught in English throughout their degree.
This way, regardless of their initial proficiency level, the language program based on tutorial support, specialized materials, and small classes, allows students to later follow their dual language (English-Spanish) courses in sequence so that they finish their degree having acquired a bilingual skill set that is applicable in their profession.
Engage in your profession
UNEATLANTICO creates an authentic business environment
The campus of the Universidad Europea del Atlántico is designed so that students can practise their profession from the first year onwards. The University offers modern and fully-equipped facilities that simulate the authentic business environments that students will experience upon completing their degree. There are laboratories for the study of Physiology, Food Technology, Languages, Food Science and Biomechanics, while dedicated facilities are provided for projects involving computing, business, nutritional assistance, psychological guidance and counselling, and translation and interpretation. In addition, the University also offers computer labs, a library, as well as radio and television production and post-production studios.
Faculty motivate students to become involved in campus life and guide them towards creating projects and developing ideas that enhance their professional development from the the very first year of their studies. The learning model is not limited to covering a syllabus, but intends to guarantee a solid theoretical-practical education in which students feel fully engaged in their professional area.
Furthermore, the University has signed numerous internship agreements with a wide range of business entities that complement formal university education and facilitate the development of the cross-curricular skills needed to break into the job market.
A true indication of the importance that the University places on innovation and knowledge transfer is the establishment of the Centre for Research and Industrial Technology of Cantabria (CITICAN). CITICAN is a scientific foundation through which RDI (Research, Development and Innovation) from the academic institution is channelled.
Once the student has completed the program, they will obtain a DEGREE IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING as issued by the European University of the Atlantic.
|Computer Structure and Technology||6|
|Introduction to Software Projects Management||6|
|Information and Communication Technologies - ICTs||6|
|Data Structures and Algorithms I||6|
|Data Structures and Algorithms II||6|
|Software Engineering I||6|
|Distributed Systems and Parallel Programming||6|
|Ethics and Legislation in Computing||6|
|Elective (EL) I||6|
|Business Organisation (EL)||6|
|Market Research (EL)||6|
|Theory and Practice of Visual Communication (EL)||6|
|Accounting I (EL)||6|
|Software Engineering II||6|
|Management of Information Systems||6|
|Computer Security and Cryptography||6|
|Human Resources (EL)||6|
|Strategic and Operational Marketing (EL)||6|
|Information and Knowledge Society (EL)||6|
|Accounting II (EL)||6|
|Web Programming I||6|
|Automatics and Control Systems (EL)||6|
|Digital Marketing and Interactive Media (EL)||6|
|Digital Animation (EL)||6|
|Financial Mathematics (EL)||6|
|Web Programming II||6|
|Business Economics and Entrepreneurship||6|
|Production Management and Logistics (EL)||6|
|Corporate and Institutional Communication (EL)||6|
|Creation of Multimedia Products (EL)||6|
|Analysis of Financial Statements (EL)||6|
Access and Admission Requirements
This Degree is meant for people with clear professional and personal goals, who provide maturity and contribute to the mutual enrichment among their peers. It aims to provide a context in which applicants can develop a profitable long-term relationship with their peers, teachers, former students and the institution.
On a more general note, the applicants who want to study in this university must have the following traits:
- Leadership: the university is interested in applicants qualified for teamwork, with self-confidence, initiative, able to work under pressure, great communication skills and a high sense of ethics.
- Academic journey and professional motivation: the applicants must have finished their studies according to the Spanish university system within a reasonable period of time and satisfactory academic results. Previous work experience will also be considered a positive, same as any other complementary training that applicants may possess as relevant for the position.
- Languages: considering the international and global aspect that the university wishes to have, being proficient in English is a valued requirement during the admissions process. Furthermore, students whose native language is not Spanish and want admission into the university, must certify that they have the required level to take the subjects in Spanish. Any other language will be considered a distinguishing feature during the admissions process.
Furthermore, students whose native language is not Spanish and want admission into the university, must certify that they have the required level to take the subjects in Spanish. Any other language will be considered a distinguishing feature during the admissions process.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Global citizens.
- Leadership capacity.
- A prestigious international institution.
- A flexible study plan.
- Innovative learning methodology.
- Personalized education: small groups, tutoring system.
- Practical approach aimed at the job market: seminars, conferences, internships.
- Exchange programs with universities in other parts of the world.
- Comprehensive training.
Apart from the general features of the students of this university, students of Business Administration and Management must have the following characteristics as related to the Degree:
The following are guiding criteria that strictly follow the criteria of non-discrimination based on race, nationality, ideology, gender or religion. The following will be valued:
- Interest for culture, both your own and others.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in reflecting about the value of political inter-cultural communication, discovering the background rules on how contemporary societies are organized and how international social agents interact and innovate in organizing and decision making.
- Ease with oral and written expression.
- International experience through travel and school trips.
- Understanding ethics as the main engine of human decisions.
The recommended academic profile reflects the admissions requirement as specified on this webpage. Furthermore, we are looking for an interdisciplinary profile that is inclusive and open to a variety of profiles, since we are aware of the assets this may offer.
This interdisciplinary, inclusive and open, profile refers to Secondary Education students who did not study a specific Bachelor’s field, since it is not a requirement for admission into the Degree. The diverse academic profile of students is considered instructive for the teaching-learning group.