New students of any of the Official Degree Programs that are taught in the European University of the Atlantic:
UNEATLANTICO has created a scholarship that aims to promote that students with brilliant academic records can access university studies. It is considered necessary to empower those profiles that have demonstrated a high level of effort and dedication throughout their training, rewarding the talent and academic excellence.
Requirements for Applicants
- Having formalized the pre-registration in any of the Official Undergraduates of UNEATLANTICO.
- Meeting the academic requirements, regarding the average obtained grade required in this call.
- Having met the access requirements to the European University of the Atlantic, for the student is in one of the following situations: the student is in possession of a Baccalaureate diploma or an Advanced Level Specific Vocational Training diploma; the student has passed the University Entrance exams, or rather is in possession of a previous university degree and/or other university studies belonging to foreign educational systems, or, lastly, the student may have met the access requirements established in the legislation in force.
Application procedures and documentation
The candidate must submit the following documentation:
- Scholarship Application Form: it can be obtained in person at the Students’ service and Scholarships of the European University of the Atlantic.
- Personal academic record of the studies granting the access to the Undergraduate (Grades of the University Entrance Exams or EBAU, academic certification of the Advanced Level Specific Vocational Training...). The document has to state the average grade obtained or, in case that is not possible, the grade obtained in each subject
This documentation needs to be submitted regardless of the one that has been previously submitted or is to be submitted in order to complete the Pre-registration or the Enrollment process in the corresponding study.
All documentation must be submitted to:
European University of the Atlantic > Scholarship Service
Parque Científico y Tecnológico de Cantabria
C/Isabel Torres 21, 39011 Santander.
The application period begins on January 7th and ends on July 15th.
The Merit and Academic Excellence Scholarship is compatible with other scholarships or aids, may they be public or private, excluding those which could have been included in a call belonging to the European University of the Atlantic.
In the event of submitting an application to other scholarship programs outside this institution, the student will be responsible for knowing their compatibility with other calls. As well, in such case, the student must be aware of the consequences of the non-compliance with the regulations established in each of the programs.
The student may apply for other type of scholarship, exemption, or aid of the European University of the Atlantic, although it will be possible for the applicant to get it only if the eligibility criteria is met, with the exception of the FUNIBER’s Scholarship for the UNEATLANTICO Residence, which is compatible with the Merit and Academic Excellence Scholarship.
Analysis of applicants and resolution
The Scholarship Committee will be responsible for resolving which are the applications that meet the eligibility requirements. The resolution may be announced until July 31st inclusive.
Applicants may be required, within a period of 10 calendar days, to submit any additional documents needed, together with a written notification stating that the application will be withdrawn otherwise. The request for additional documentation will be made by written notification via the communication channels stated on the scholarship application.
The Scholarship Committee’s resolution will be personally notified to the scholarship holder. It is possible for the applicant to appeal against the decision of the Committee, within 10 calendar days from the resolution date. Such complaint will be assessed and resolved by the University’s Chancellor within a month. The decision made by the Chancellor to this effect is not subject to appeal.
There are three types of scholarships, depending on the percentage of applicable economic exemption. In the first place, for those applications of students Graduated with Honors, there will be a 100% exemption of the tuition fees.
For applications with a grade equivalent to and contained in a range from 9 to 10, there will be a 75% exemption of the above-mentioned concept.
Finally, for applications with a grade equivalent to and in a range from 8 and 8.99, there will be a 50% exemption of the tuition fees.
The European University of Atlantic considers the possibility of an automatic renewal of the Merit and Academic Excellence Scholarship until the completion of the degree. To this end, the students must pass 100% of the enrolled credits in the previous course, every year, and obtain a grade equivalent to or higher than 8. If the renewal of the scholarship is granted, the student will have a 50% exemption of the tuition fees. In the same way, it will be necessary to submit the required documentation and exceed the requirements established in these or future regulations.
The information described in this document is subject to the provisions of the Regulations of Scholarships of the European University of the Atlantic as well as to the particularities of the regulations corresponding to this call. The grades referred to in this paragraph will not take into account the specific phase.