The European University of the Atlantic includes in its academic offer the Degree in Primary Education in order to respond to the training needs and interests of those students who wish to exercise the profession of teacher in primary education (compulsory stage between ages 6 to 12) in public schools, private and international.
Primary education is a field of professionalisation and unquestionable scientific interest throughout the world. In this regard, UNEATLANTICO offers a curriculum fully adjusted to the demands of the labor market and adapted to the characteristics of the current society: Multilingual, digital and global.
Characteristics of the Degree in Primary Education UNEATLANTICO:
- Bilingual Curriculum. The future teacher reaches during the training a level C1 in English with the goal that at the end of their studies is capable of providing any subject in this language
- Curricular teaching internship throughout the four years of the degree. The objective is that teachers develop professional competencies so important as the emotional intelligence: its self-awareness and regulation; reflective practice; as well as to enable the implementation interventions with teachers supervised in real educational contexts and the elaboration of proposals for improvement and innovation.
- Training curriculum focused on:
- The acquisition of the knowledge and tools that will help the student to substantiate the reflection psycho-socio-pedagogical educational fact.
- The acquisition of knowledge, attitudes and skills that will help you to reach the level of maturity necessary to assume the responsibilities of the profession.
- The creation of teaching-learning situations that challenge the students to reflect critically on their formation process and professional development.
- Professional specialization in one of the following honourable mention:
- Mention in Foreign Languages - English
- Mention in Sport and Exercise
- Acquisition of computer and informational skills.
- Availability of modern facilities that allow the student to develop the practical skills of the degree.
Students graduating in Primary Education from UNEATLANTICO may choose to work in the following professions:
- Teacher in the stage of Primary Education in public centres, private and/or international
- Education adviser in libraries, play centres, hospital classrooms, museums, theaters, etc.
- Author, reviewer and pedagogical coordinator of didactic materials, textbooks and/or software associated with e-learning
- Secretary, head of studies or principal of education centres
El inglés, la llave de tu presente y futuro
Actualmente, una de las herramientas imprescindibles en la comunicación internacional, y la llave que abre las posibilidades para encontrar un buen puesto de trabajo tanto en España como en el extranjero, es el inglés. En nuestro país, un 80% de las ofertas laborales ya requieren un excelente dominio de este idioma y, en muchas ocasiones, este criterio se impone por encima de otros como el expediente o la trayectoria profesional.
Es por ello que en la Universidad Europea del Atlántico los alumnos de todos los grados, a partir de segundo año estudian inglés como asignatura obligatoria, y a partir de tercer año además cursan asignaturas completas en esta lengua.
Para que el nivel previo de inglés no suponga una barrera de acceso a los estudios, UNEATLANTICO proporciona una enseñanza personalizada, en especial durante el primer curso, para que todos los alumnos alcancen unas competencias lingüísticas suficientes en inglés con las que superar con éxito las asignaturas de la carrera.
De este modo, independientemente de su nivel de inglés de partida, con un plan de apoyo global basado en tutorías, materiales específicos y grupos de trabajo muy reducidos, el alumno puede seguir las clases en un sistema bilingüe español/inglés de forma progresiva y al finalizar habrá adquirido competencias bilingües para el ejercicio de su profesión.
Once the student has completed the program, they will obtain a GRADUATE DEGREE IN PRIMARY EDUCATION as issued by the European University of the Atlantic.
|Sociology Within Education: Social, Educational and Multicultural Changes||6|
|Learning Strategies and ICT Competence||6|
|Spanish Language and Communication I||6|
|History and Anthropology of Education: Theories and Practices||6|
|Didactics, Curricular Design and Programming||6|
|Spanish Language and Communication II||6|
|Developmental Psychology: Infancy and Adolescence||6|
|Learning Mathematics and its Teaching Approach I||6|
|Psychopedagogy of Learning and Education||6|
|Planning, Research, and Innovation||6|
|Educational Systems, Institutional Context and School Management||6|
|Learning Mathematics and its Teaching Approach II||6|
|Teaching Approach of Language and Children’s Literature||6|
|Teaching Approach of Experimental Sciences||6|
|Educational Guidance and Tutoring||6|
|Inclusive Diversity and Education||6|
|Physical Education Curriculum in Primary School Education||6|
|Extracurricular Placement I: Workshop for Professional Competencies||6|
|Language Learning and Teaching||6|
|Teaching and Learning Outdoor, Social and Cultural Knowledge||6|
|English V - MLENEXTING||6|
|Fundamentals of Human Physical Activity and Motility - MEDUFIS||6|
|Group Psychology (EL)||6|
|Extracurricular Placement II||18|
|Analysis and Design of Teaching Materials for LLEE and ICT Teaching - MLENEXTING||6|
|Second Language Acquisition- MLENEXTING||6|
|Systematics of the exercise - MEDUFIS||6|
|Education in Values through Physical Education and Sport - MEDUFIS||6|
|Psychology of Emotions||6|
|Psychology of Sports- MEDUFIS||6|
|Art and Visual Education||6|
|Content and Language Integrated Learning||6|
|Individual Factors in Foreign Language Learning - MLENEXTING||6|
|History and Culture of English-Speaking Countries - MLENEXTING||6|
|Spoken English and Communicative Strategies for Managing a class- MLENEXTING||6|
|Games and Sports Initiation - MEDUFIS||6|
|Inclusive Physical Education - MEDUFIS||6|
|Body Language and Expression - MEDUFIS||6|
|Outdoor Activities - MEDUFIS||6|
|Religion, Culture, and Values||6|
|Conflict Resolution and Mediation||6|
|Extracurricular Placement III||18|
|Teaching Approach of Social Sciences||4|
- Mention in Foreign Languages-English - MLENEXTING
- Mention in Physical Education - MEDUFIS
This Degree is meant for people with clear professional and personal goals, who provide maturity and contribute to the mutual enrichment among their peers. It aims to provide a context in which applicants can develop a profitable long-term relationship with their peers, teachers, former students and the institution.
On a more general note, the applicants who want to study in this university must have the following traits:
- Leadership: the university is interested in applicants qualified for teamwork, with self-confidence, initiative, able to work under pressure, great communication skills and a high sense of ethics.
- Academic journey and professional motivation: the applicants must have finished their studies according to the Spanish university system within a reasonable period of time and satisfactory academic results. Previous work experience will also be considered a positive, same as any other complementary training that applicants may possess as relevant for the position.
- Languages: considering the international and global aspect that the university wishes to have, being proficient in English is a valued requirement during the admissions process. Furthermore, students whose native language is not Spanish and want admission into the university, must certify that they have the required level to take the subjects in Spanish. Any other language will be considered a distinguishing feature during the admissions process.
Furthermore, students whose native language is not Spanish and want admission into the university, must certify that they have the required level to take the subjects in Spanish. Any other language will be considered a distinguishing feature during the admissions process.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Global citizens.
- Leadership capacity.
- A prestigious international institution.
- A flexible study plan.
- Innovative learning methodology.
- Personalized education: small groups, tutoring system.
- Practical approach aimed at the job market: seminars, conferences, internships.
- Exchange programs with universities in other parts of the world.
- Comprehensive training.
Apart from the general features of the students of this university, students of Business Administration and Management must have the following characteristics as related to the Degree:
The following are guiding criteria that strictly follow the criteria of non-discrimination based on race, nationality, ideology, gender or religion. The following will be valued:
- Interest for culture, both your own and others.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in reflecting about the value of political inter-cultural communication, discovering the background rules on how contemporary societies are organized and how international social agents interact and innovate in organizing and decision making.
- Ease with oral and written expression.
- International experience through travel and school trips.
- Understanding ethics as the main engine of human decisions.
The recommended academic profile reflects the admissions requirement as specified on this webpage. Furthermore, we are looking for an interdisciplinary profile that is inclusive and open to a variety of profiles, since we are aware of the assets this may offer.
This interdisciplinary, inclusive and open, profile refers to Secondary Education students who did not study a specific Bachelor’s field, since it is not a requirement for admission into the Degree. The diverse academic profile of students is considered instructive for the teaching-learning group.